Self-Propelled Crane Simulator
This simulator allows the student to get a great knowledge of the crane operation not only regarding the controls but also regarding the loading and unloading of different materials: brick pallets, containers, vehicles, beams, military pontoons, etc.
The main purpose of this simulator is to help the student to work safely, efficiently and easily with the machine in the real life, getting to know all the potencial dangers and risks.
Several public institutions have approved this simulator to replace up to 50% of the mandatory practices to take the exam, required to get the Mobile Crane Operator Certificate.
The standard version is installed on the multifunctional SIMFOR cabin simulator.
Created to reproduce the real position on a real crane. All the necessary information and controls are provided:
– 2 generic joystick levers with six incorporated buttoms to control the telescopic boom and the crane frame
– 3 joystick levers to control the auxiliar elements such as the stabilizers.
– accelerator and brake pedals.
– in-dash TFT screens.
– manual accelerator.
– stabilizers switch,
All the information regard the loading and unloading process is displayed and updated in real time on the sreen: angles, degress of elevation, meters of cable needed, total weight, relative weight, center of gravity, etc.
One 42” FULL HD screen and one TFT for the dashboard
The simulator reproduces how the machine works with a great level of realism: movements of the PLUMA, telescoping, turns, hook rising and droping, etc.
Obviously, the weight of the load affects the center of gravity of the crane. The model also includes how the limiters work. Depending on the weigh and angle of the telescopic boom. In case the user doesn´t work correctly, the crane can even get to overturn.
The crane has been modelled with a great level of realism. The image can be seen in the front screen.
Different views can be selected: from the inside or from the outside of the cabin.
There are auxiliar view points for some exercises, to help the user do the exercise.
This simulator has a wide range of exercises to choose from the Menu. The different exercises are divided into blocks:
– superstructure turning.
– Hook lifting/dropping.
– Extension or telescoping of the telescopic bomb.
– Movements combined withot load.
– Load limits
– Orders with signals
– Movements combined with loads (lifting and dropping)
– Movements combined with load (turning and lifting/dropping)
– Correction of the swing
While doing the exercises, the simulator shows the mistakes commited, not only those that are specific from the exercise but also the general mistakes made. At the end of every exercise, the results are shown.
– Seat Movement system or motion platform (from 2 to 6 degrees of freedom) instalation.
– System to move the image according to the head movement installed (Head Tracking)
– Different size screens cand be installed. Different kinds of cabbins can be installed (http://simfor.es/wp/en/cabins/).